Bible Dilemmas, Free Will and Pharisees
It may be helpful to deal with Bible dilemmas. Here are a few:
1. Is God unfair choosing a few people to be saved? Well, say there is a plane crash. Most people die but a handful live. Aren't we happy that a handful lived? God chose who lives and no one faults Him.
So the human race crashed in Adam. God has chosen a few to live and yet everyone is angry about that choosing. God is now somehow wrong for choosing when He did not have to save anyone!
2. An infant is raped and dies. A sovereign God plans all things. So how is that evil a fair representative of a just God? First, the rape and death show the power of evil in the world and that evil is really evil. Second, that uncalled infant in Hell will hate God. No one will love God unless God loves them first and calls them. No one in Hell will love God.
As for the infant, we are told by the Apostle Paul that babies speak lies from the womb, meaning that everyone is born with the sin nature.
3. Christ died for the sheep. John chapters 8 and 10 speak to this issue. Christ first said the Pharisees could not believe in Him because they were not sheep. The very cause of their not believing was they were not sheep.
Christ said to them that He laid down His life for the sheep. They were not sheep and were not included in God's plans for eternal life.
Who has a problem with wicked Pharisees who would kill Christ reaping eternal damnation?
Of course clever evil people say what about Saul/Paul? He was a Pharisee. How come Christ laid His life down for the Pharisee? Truth is, Paul's public status was a Pharisee. Paul participated in the arrest of Christians and in the death of Stephen. What people don't understand is that Paul was a sheep who had not yet been saved.
4. While people can believe in predestination they can be lost. But who are the New Pharisees? Well, they are the ones who relentlessly force the doctrine of free will. We can always hope that a few are sheep not yet called. But most will not be called.
Christ taught limited atonement and predestination to the Pharisees and they rejected those beautiful doctrines. Now those who believe in free will are making the error of the Pharisees and are Pharisees themselves!
John 10 shows the truth of limited atonement (NIV):
14 “I am the good shepherd;(R I know my sheep(S) and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father(T)—and I lay down my life for the sheep.(U) 16 I have other sheep(V) that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock(W) and one shepherd.(X) 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life(Y)—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord.(Z)
5. Paul said not to sell the gospel, not to peddle the gospel, in 2 Cor 2:17. Most translations said the Greek word is peddle. The kjv erroneously says the word means corrupt. But think about it. Christ chased the merchandisers and money changers out of the Old Covenant Temple with a switch.
So can you imagine God's anger at those who are making money off of the gospel when there are lively stones (believers) in the world, making up the Superior New Temple?
There are a few Mammon Chasers in the predestination camp. They are to be condemned. Piper, Macarthur, going back to Pink, Spurgeon, Bunyan, Calvin, Luther.
But the fake Christian world is overrun with Mammon Chasers in the free will camp. And some secretly teach predestination but hide it publicly. Still, bigger churches and more bodies can be had through preaching free will.
Throw a few alter calls and phony miracles in and you have merchandising empires with preachers worth over 10 million dollars being frequent. Understand this, Christ will return soon to take His people home, at which time the fake Christians and unbelievers will be destroyed and sent to Hell. And this means billions of people lost!
6. The elect are saved in time. They are still elect prior to their salvation according to Paul the Apostle:
Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. - 2 Timothy 2:10
7. The law of grace is superior to the law of Moses. Here is a brief explanation through time with excellent scriptural proofs regarding some issues of importance to true believers called by grace:
First there is holy trinity. And then creation.
And then the fall
And then the Torah.
And now we are in an age of grace.
We no longer keep the works of the law. ( Torah. )
Because Jesus fulfilled the Torah. With his flesh.
Jesus is God. God. Was inside Mary’s womb. This is where the word became flesh. And fulfilled the law.
Who raised Jesus from the dead? Well, it was God the Father (Gal 1:1; 1 Thess 1:10); it was also Jesus Himself (Jn 2:19; 10:17-18); and it was the Holy Spirit (Rom 8:11).
Who gave the new covenant? The Father (Jer 31:33-34); Jesus (Heb 8:1-13; 10:29; 12:24; 13:20); the Holy Spirit (Heb 10:15-17).
Who sanctifies believers? The Father (1 Thess 5:23); Jesus (Heb 13:12); the Holy Spirit (1 Pet 1:2).
Who is the creator? The Father (Gen 1:1; Is 44:24; Acts 17:24; Eph 3:9); Jesus (Jn 1:3; Col 1:16; Heb 1:8, 10); the Holy Spirit (Job 33:4).Job 33:4.
Who indwells believers? The Father (1 Cor 3:16a; 2 Cor 6:16; 1 Jn 3:24); Jesus (Jn 6:56; Rom 8:10; Eph 3:17); the Holy Spirit (Jn 14:16-17; Rom 8:9, 11; 1 Cor 3:16b). The Bible even describes this in terms of different combinations: Father and Son (Jn 14:23); Father and Holy Spirit (Eph 2:21-22; 1 Jn 3:24); Son and Holy Spirit (Gal 4:6).
Chosen Before the Foundation of the World
My Fellowship Is With the 1646 First Baptists
Equality of Father, Son and Spirit
The Deity of Christ
The Law of Moses Is a Curse
Sarah Is the New Covenant
Why Was the Old Law Abolished?
New Covenant Theology
Luther and Menno, Failure of Protestantism
My Christian View of Israel's Purpose
Charles Spurgeon Prince of Law Preaching
What Is Unbelief?
The Love of God; A Fifty Year Journey